Please read these Glock pistol safety precautions
- Always assume a gun is loaded, until you have verified yourself that it is empty.
- Never point a gun at something you do not intend to shoot.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until you are prepared to shoot.
- Always make sure your backstop is adequate to stop and contain a bullet.
- Point the pistol in a safe direction and keep your finger off of the trigger and out of the trigger guard.
- Press in the magazine catch.
- Remove the magazine.
- Keeping your finger off the trigger, and out of the trigger guard, lock the slide open by pulling the slide to the rear and pushing up on the slide stop.
- With the slide locked open, visually and physically check the chamber is empty.
- Unload the magazines, check that each magazine you are going to clean is empty, and remove all ammunition from the cleaning area.
- Please refer to your owner’s manual if you have any questions. If you are still uncertain, contact a qualified gunsmith.
Safety Note: Always wear safety glasses when dissasembling and cleaning your firearms to prevent eye injuries from springloaded parts and from any aerosols and solvents.